Official Community Plan
The Area E Official Community Plan (OCP) is the document that outlines how our community will be designed and built, and forms the basis for decisions when property owners and developers apply to the SCRD to develop land or change its use. The current OCP was last revised in 2007 and adopted in 2008.
Advisory Planning Commission
Each rural area in the SCRD has an Advisory Planning Commission (APC). This is a group of volunteers who review and make recommendations to the SCRD board about:
- Official Community Plan Amendments
- Zoning Amendments
- Development Permits and Development Variance Permits
- Temporary Use Permits
- Agricultural Land Reserve Applications
- Crown Referrals
- Other items referred by SCRD Board
Every year the SCRD advertises for volunteers and takes applications, which are reviewed by the Director, who passes their recommendations to the board for approval. APCs have a minimum of 6 members, and a maximum of 12, serving 2 year terms. At least two thirds of the members must be Area E residents. The SCRD provides a recording secretary to take minutes.
If you are interested in joining the Area E APC, please contact me. I recommend you first look at our OCP and read the APC Orientation Guide.
2021 AREA E APC MEMBERS
Mary Degan (Chair)
Kasha Janota-Bzowska (Vice-Chair)
Area E’s APC normally meets at Frank West Hall on fourth Wednesdays of the month, however due to the Covid-19 emergency, meetings have been moved online on the Zoom platform.
APC meetings are open to the public. To hear/observe the meetings through phone or internet, please email email@example.com and include
- Your name
- Which municipality or electoral area you reside in
- Item(s) of interest on the agenda
SCRD Planning staff will respond on the day of the meeting with the meeting link/call-in number. Observers MUST join the meeting before the posted start time. The Zoom meeting will be locked once the Chair calls the meeting to order.
As of June 2021, APC agendas are posted to the APC page of the SCRD website. They weren’t previously posted, so I’ve included earlier agendas here:
- 2021-MAY-26 – This is a huge file, so I haven’t posted
- 2021-APR-28 Area E APC Agenda
- July, September, October, November, January, February – CANCELLED
- 2020-JUNE-24 Area E APC Agenda
- 2020-MAY-27 Area E APC Agenda
- 2020-APR-22 Area E APC Agenda
- March – CANCELLED
- 2020-FEB-26 Area E APC Agenda
- January 2020 – CANCELLED
- 2019-NOV-27 Area E APC Agenda
- 2019-OCT-23 Area E APC Agenda
- 2019-SEP-25 Area E APC Agenda
- July 2019 – CANCELLED
- 2019-JUN-26 Area E APC Agenda
- May 2019 – CANCELLED
- 2019-APR-24 Area E APC Agenda
- 2019-MAR-27 Area E APC Agenda
- 2019-FEB-27 Area E APC Agenda
- 2019-JAN-23 Area E APC Agenda
- 2018-Nov-28 Area E APC Agenda
Please check the SCRD website for recent minutes.