Local Government

Sunshine Coast Regional District

SCRD Good Neighbour Guidelines
Information for homeowners about building permits, noise, fires, watering restrictions, etc.

SCRD Bylaw Enforcement
Use this online bylaw complaint form, or email or call 604-885-6800.

Justine Gabrias, Area B Director
Kate-Louise Stamford, Area F Director

Provincial Government

Note: If you are making a long-distance call to a provincial government agency, you can place your call through Enquiry BC free of charge: 1-800-663-7867

Capilano Highways
For road maintenance concerns including potholes, flooding, and snow removal. 604-983-2411 or Toll Free 800-665-3135   (Do you want to know your road classification? See instructions.)

Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure (MOTI)
The Manager of the Sechelt Area Office is Gundula Brigl (604) 828-1248. We are part of the South Coast Region, headquartered in Coquitlam. The Operations Manager for Howe Sound/Sunshine Coast is Michael Braun (604) 398-5677. (NOTE: As of June 2023, Michael Braun is on secondment and is being replaced by Sandra Goes.)

The District Manager for the Lower Mainland District is Elena Farmer (236) 468-1935. Her boss is the Executive Director for the South Coast Region, Ashok Bhatti (236) 455-1541.

The subdivision approving officer for the Lower Mainland District is Jeffrey Moore.

Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement (CVSE)

This agency enforces safety regulations on all commercial vehicles. If you see a commercial vehicle, such as a dump truck or a logging truck, that has an insecure load or is creating any other serious safety hazard on the road, this is where you report it. Get the license plate number and NSC number (which is on the side of all commercial vehicles). Other witnesses are also helpful. Contact both the CVSE and the business that owns the vehicle.

ICBC Road Safety & Community Coordinator for North Shore, Howe Sound & Sunshine Coast is Louise Mendonca, (604) 315-3161

Report All Poachers and Polluters (RAPP)
Report violations of environmental protection laws to Conservation Officers via this provincial online form. This includes illegal dumping, fisheries offences, poaching, illegal use of pesticides, construction on the ocean foreshore, and wildlife conflicts. Or call 1-877-952-7277. Note that even if you don’t get an immediate response, it’s important to file reports because the Province tracks them.

Vancouver Coastal Health – Septic Field Inquiries
604 885-5164

Service BC
For assistance finding Provincial Government programs and services. Sechelt office 885-5187 or call 1 800 663-7867.

Agricultural Land Commission
Information on agricultural land reserves and regulations. To report unauthorized use of ALR land, such as removal of soil or blocking a stream, email or call 604 660-7000

Nicholas Simons, MLA
Davis Bay Constituency Office – #5 – 4720 Sunshine Coast Hwy Sechelt, BC   V0N 3A2  Phone: (604) 741-0792  email

Federal Government

Fisheries and Oceans Canada
For fisheries violations and damage to fish habitat.

Patrick Weiler, MP
(604) 913-2660  Constituency Email